Odor in Trunk (Gas?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Odor in Trunk (Gas?)
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:23:17 -0300
Listers,

   I have had an odor in the trunk of my 80 B ever since I
picked it up.  It smells like some sort of cleaning solvent
not like gasoline. I thought that it might have been something that the
PO may have used to prep the car for sale, but that would have
been gone a while ago.  So apparently it must be gasoline related.
However the confusing part is that it does not smell like gas.
Is this something to do with the emissions system ?   Carbon
canister ?  I really do not want to ride around with a trunk full
of gas fumes...

Thanks,

   Gene Balinski  80 B