Re: Cameras/ sorta MG

To: "Carl W French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cameras/ sorta MG
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:54:23 +0100
Many if the pictures on my site below ('Bee and Vee', 'Diary of Events')
were taken with such a camera - indeed many are digital photos of slides
projected onto a screen! (I have a film scanner now).  A typical 640x480
image generates an image of 70k.  When run through my freeware photo
manipulation software (GSP PhotoEditor) this reduces to 25k with no visible
degradation in a browser. Further processing with a web compression utility
such as can be found at http://www.netmechanic.com/ can reduce this still
further to below 20k.  All perfectly adequate for web work.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk