Tach C2 Capacitor rating

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach C2 Capacitor rating
From: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:36:06 -0400
Hi list, I removed my Tach today to see what is wrong. Power to the tach
seems to be fine but the tach did not jump when I gave it a short 12 V jump
start.

I disassembled the tach as described in Paul's web page. The first step to
fixing the tach is to replace the C2 capacitor (0.25uF). My question is:
The blue capacitor on top of the transistor has no specified rating marked
on it. All I can read is  47u/ 10V /J6 stamped on it. Are these always
0.25uf and not 47uF?  Thanks for the help. Enrique