Re: Timing advanced - much better now!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing advanced - much better now!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:36:31 -0700
I always use 97 octane in my B, and set the timing to 14 degrees BTDC.
More advanced than that and it pings. This is with stock SUs and exhaust,
but I really don't know the compression ratio of my engine -- it's not
the original, and the engine number series is not even listed in
Clausager.

Scott Beavis had this to say:

--

Max Heim