This damn list!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: This damn list!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 01:28:05 +0000
Well, ain't this list amazing.

I managed to meet another lister on Friday night.  Richard Spurling
dropped down to the MG Car Club clubhouse (and bar:-) and said hello -
actually he was a member long before I was, but it seems he strayed from
the flock for a while.  Still, I am glad he is back in MG-dom and back,
now, to the Club.

So, as far as I can tell, there are only five Australians on this list.
I have met two of them (and talked with another on the phone).  Three
are in the same State (and when you think of the size of Australia, this
is amazing in itself) and in fact within 15 minutes drive of each other.
In fact, I joined the MG Car Club after being encouraged to do so (and
sponsored by) another lister, Scotty.

Nice to meet you Richard and I hope you manage to get up to the track on
Sunday to see all of us silly buggers going around and around in circles
for SIX HOURS!  Now if I don't go to bed I will fall asleep behind the
wheel... do any other clubs/meetings hold one of these darn Relay
Regularity events (over SIX HOURS or more)?

The Marque Sports Car Association is running this one and, as usual, it
would barely happen if it wasn't for the MG Car Club here :-)  We have
entered FOUR teams - with the usual winner's prize being atrophy PLUS
this time there is a $1,000 dinner up for grabs (for the whole winning
team).

woo hoo

Thought y'all might like to know.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
(gee, I hope my poor old engine holds together)