Re: 70 B steering rack slop

To: "Gordon Bird" <gb@the-bdc.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 70 B steering rack slop
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:19:49 +0100
Depends where the slop is.  If it is from side-to-side when in the
straight-ahead position then you probably need a new rack, altering the
shims may take up the play in the straight-ahead but cause stiffness either
side.  If the play is up-and-down movement on the passenger side then there
is a replaceable bush, my Workshop Manual says for GHN5/GHD5 cars only i.e.
1970-on.

PaulH.