'77 B rear diff oil..hope I don't open a can of worms

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '77 B rear diff oil..hope I don't open a can of worms
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:24:01 -0500
Hello Folks,

Whilst searching my local Advacne Autoparts for some strait 90 weight
hypoid gear oil (I saw all the 80w-90, 75w-90, and such that those places
have) I actually came across some that came in a quart container, but it
was packaged for marine use. The label on the back claimed it was good
for all applications, and I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in the B
diff. BTW, I think the oil was a blue color. Should I put this stuff in
my diff or would I be running a risk or some sort?

TIA,

Edwin

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

Check out The MG Filling Station at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mowogmg