Car Justifications

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Justifications
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:48:55 +0000
While the list is quiet for the moment I just thought I would share the
following paragraph I 'bumped into' on a Porsche Boxster website.  Isn't
it funny how different car groups obviously have their own
somtimes-unique car hassles and feel they have to, at times, reassure
themselves about their vehicular choice:-)

"Sometimes you forget why you bought this magnificent car in the first
place. I know there can be some "distractions" to blur that image buts
its still there, you just forgot about it. So forget the engine
replacements, oil leaks, soft top problems, soft paint, Valmet vs.
Stuggart, dents, scratches, paint chips, which wax to use, Z3 drivers,
rattles, rear window creases, dealers, option list, PCNA and what you
have, when you throw all that garbage out, is the clearest picture on
the face of this earth....YOU driving YOUR Boxster on YOUR favourite
twisting road. That permanent grin attached to your face, the handling,
the wind in your face, that cool engine sound (wow!) and of course, that
passenger telling you to slow down! Thats what its all about my friends
and you sometimes forget it. Your the one with the Boxster in your
driveway!"

1998 - Sincerely, Matt the car nut

"...scratches, paint chips, which wax to use" - give me a break!

;-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII