Re: Tie A Yellow Ribbon Around Ye Olde M.G....

To: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tie A Yellow Ribbon Around Ye Olde M.G....
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 14:37:41 -0400

>Any suggestions about how to fix the ribbons in a safe and reliable way?
>
>The car is to be driven that day for about 2 hours at a max. speed of about
>50 mph/80 kmh (scenic roads) and we don't want to lose the ribbons or knots
>while driving...

BTDT, We used our car for our wedding and honeymoon. We affixed yellow and
purple ribbons to the car. We put them on the wing mirrors, the luggage
rack, taped to the windshield frame, and tied to the door handles. I do not
how many of these options you have. The taped ones worked fine for the same
kind driving you are looking at doing. We used a simple double knot (two
over hand knots) for any of the tied ones. They worked fine.
Two things learned,
!.) they are noisy at 50 mph
2.) Bring spare ribbon as they will fray as you go down the road. It was
fine to change them as needed for the trip.

   I think they came out fine, Bud Krueger can attest to that as he saw the
car the next day at a show still decorated.
Go for it! it was alot of fun and cheaper than renting a limo.

Mr & Mrs Carl W. French
67 MGB