Roll-bars and club rally

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roll-bars and club rally
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:31:12 -0400
>I'm looking to purchase a competition type roll bar
>for my MGB.  My goal is to have something, that still
>lets a person sit in the passenger seat, and will pass
>SCCA club rally tech when I graduate from Solo II next
>year some time.  I'm waiting on my copy of the SCCA
>GCR, for more info. So far I've come up with three
>options.

SCCA Pro-Rally (including Club Rally) dictate the use of
a FULL roll-cage. Just roll-bars will NOT get you a log-book
and as such you will not even be allowed to register for an event.

Also no convertibles are allowed in pro-rally (an exception has been
made for the Miata, but it must have substantial mods made to the
the roll-cage and must run with a hardtop welded or permantently affixed
to the car).

There are currently 2 MGB-GT cars competing in pro-rally, Phil Smith
from Ohio and the other guy (on this list) from California.

Get a copy of the pro-rally rule book before proceeding - otherwise
it may turn out to be an expensive mistake

gerry