MGB Drain Plug Port Cleaning

To: "'paul.hunt1@virgin.net'" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: MGB Drain Plug Port Cleaning
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:04:15 -0700
Paul, et al:

        A piece of safety wire, or small diameter welding rod works well to
clean out this drain port.  The drilling comes directly down from the water
jacket, so bend a 90 degree angle in the wire.  Pick the debris out from the
area above and just past the threads.  Usually there is about 3/4" of
debris, so the length of the wire may need to be adjusted a couple of times.
The drilling is a little less than 1/4" if I recall correctly.  Having water
in the core makes it easier to know you have the port clear, cos you will
get all wet.

Kelvin.