Re: barr's leaks

To: "Diane Stowe" <Cessna@speakeasy.org>
Subject: Re: barr's leaks
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:16:23 +0930
On Saturday, September 16, Diane wrote
Subject: barr's leaks

> I would use it only in an emergency, maybe, as you can't get it out
> afterwards.

This echoes my experience with these products also.

If a leak is not to bad it's better to fill the radiator and then run the
car with the radiator cap off until you can get home or to somewhere to
repair the problem. Keeping a close watch on the running temperature of
course.

 [ no pressure in the system, coolant loss is minimised ]

* put the radiator cap back on before shutting off the engine*

BTDT-YMMV.

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.
'79 MGB-LE Daily driver.