Re: How many miles on a tank?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How many miles on a tank?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:11:19 +0000
Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:

> As my fuel gauges sender still is faulty and I'm driving now and
> then, I'd like to know how many miles I can do before to fill the
> tanks again.

Ahhhh, went past a red 'BGT by the side of the road, owner pouring
petrol into the tank from a can.  Now tell me *that* isn't a common
sight (I was in a cab heading into the city to get my car - left there
after a big night out).

I felt like calling out "don't ever trust the fuel guage", but didn't
have the heart:-)

*I* never trust the fuel guage and generally drive by the odometer (trip
meter).  I refill every 200 miles (which gives me a decent margin of
error and room to be caught out well away from the nearest fuel) and, by
habit now, reset the trip meter after filling.

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS I wish the weather was nicer so I could go for a long drive to escape
some of the Olympics hype here!