Speedometer Pinion Drive 75 MGB

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer Pinion Drive 75 MGB
From: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:58:45 -0230
An associate recently converted his 75B to O/D since then his speedo has
been inacurate.
I have discovered the part that he needs is not available from the Moss
Catalogue.  On
page 41 of the latest edition item # 140 NA. Moss doesn't make reference to
an O/D version although they do state that its for non-O/D cars.
I believe these to be available in two versions. Red &
white. I think the red has 21 teeth vs the white with 20. I must count the
teeth on the one hanging in the garage. (white non-O/D)

If anyone  can assist it would be great. Seems like must be a common problem
as lots of folks do the swap. If anyone can yell me a source of these it
would be much appreciated. The other option is to have the speedo
recallibrated to match. But I havn't seen talk of folks doing this.

TIA for any advice or assistance.

Best Wishes & Safety Fast

Andy Proudfoot 77B
Gander, Nfld. Canada