MG Garage restaurant and Aussie MGBs

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Garage restaurant and Aussie MGBs
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:38:01 -0700
>From the CNN travel guide:

MG Garage—Formerly an MG dealership, now this site is one of Sydney's
best modern Australian restaurants with a couple of beribboned shiny MGs
parked beside the white-linen draped tables. A long dashboard serves as
the bar, and padded leather seats continue the auto analogy. Lunch
Monday-Friday noon-2:30 pm; dinner Monday-Saturday 6:30-10 pm. $$$. Most
major credit cards. 490 Crown St., Surry Hills. Phone 9383-9383.

Too bad they don't seem to have a Web site!

BTW, I remember reading in one of my many history books that MG shipped
partially built body sections and drive trains to Australia for assembly
there.  It had interesting pictures of the sub assemblies being prepared
for shipping.  They avoided someone's taxes by using this gambit.  An
Australian MGB is somewhat unique because of this partial fabrication
technique.
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle