Re: Brake Fluids

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluids
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Thanks for the well written information on DOT 5 and
> SBBF.  It filled
> in a lot of blanks for me, and it makes sense.

Yes, that's the best explanation I've seen on the
subject. Thanks Chris. I think the best advice of all,
regardless of what type of fluid you use, where you
live, vented or not, how many feet you have, etc., is
just to flush it every year or two. Get a Mighty Vac
and a six pack of beer, and she'll practically flush
herself (I always recommend beer when working with
brakes or firearms).

> I never would have thought about the difference in
> silicon and silicone...
> what's a silent E among friends?

Here in IN, we spell it silly-cone. Someone used some
to fix our TV and they called it silly-cone RTV. I
call that kind elephant snot. Duct tape in a tube!
yeeha!

jon

=====
|Never mind the bollocks, here's|