Dumb Newspaper Tricks

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dumb Newspaper Tricks
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:15:11 -0700
I don't know if anyone in the San Francisco Bay area caught it, but
there was an article in the SF Chronicle on Monday, Sept 18th, which
might catch an MG owner's eye.  It was about the rise in gas prices,
and the likelihood that they would remain high through the fall.

The photo run with the story is of a fellow gassing up what at first
glance appears to be an MGTD: "Matt LeBeouf of Walnut Creek pumped
the liquid gold into his 1952 MG."  Unfortunately, the photo shows
him putting gas into the radiator cap.  Obviously a VW kit car.  Gee,
I hope they at least spelled his name right...
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA

A file that big?