Re: loosing water

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: loosing water
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:47:20 +0100
With a 15lb or 16lb cap, assuming is is good and making good contact with
the filler neck, water coming out the overflow sounds suspicously like
boiling due to overheating - or possibly head gasket problems blowing the
water out.  When cold top it up and run it with the cap off at fast idle.
If you can see a constant flow of air bubbles it could be the head gasket,
but don't confuse this with 'normal' air bleeding out of the system because
it has lost water and been refilled.  If on the other hand it runs OK for
several minutes then you get a sudden eruption it is boiling.  While it is
warming up check the hoses heat up (after the thermostat has opened) and
check there are no cold spots in the radiator.

PaulH.