Re: seat repacking

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat repacking
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:57:53 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/00 4:42:07 PM, saidel@camden.rutgers.edu writes:

<< Has anyone repaired only the bottom part of a seat, not a full seat
rehab?  I am almost feeling the rails the seat slides on, so I thought I'd
repack the bottom. The back of the seat is still quite fine; mine isn't. >>

My recommendation is to go for the $30 stock seat cushion "bun" from Moss
instead of trying to cobble together something that may work and may not.
Just the hassle of getting the seat back in is enough to make me not want to
do it twice.  My GT has a non-standard bun foam and it sits me too high, so
my back hits the seat back in a weird place.
Of course, you'll need a new rubber support underneath.  Do not get the strap
version, go for the diaphragm.  If you want the straps, I've got  a couple
unused you can have for very little money.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang