Re: Testing fan switch

To: spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Testing fan switch
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:51:02 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/00 3:51:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

<< Hi list, I am having fan problems(heating) again and I feel its the darn
 switch. I pulled it out and put in hot water at 80C and the switch was
 open. The Haynes states to put the switch in water and warm up to the
 stamped temperature. Must heating be gradual, I think not but would like to
 hear opinions. Also, where on earth is the temp stamped on the switch? TIA,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Enrique, enough about your poor electric fan!  Just wire a switch under the
dash, and when you start the car, turn on the fan.  When you shut off the
engine, turn off the fan.  Or, wire the fan to the electric circuit that
comes on with the key and remove the fan's thermoswitch.  The fan will run
when the car is running.  Believe me, having the electric fan run all the
time is NOT going to make your coolant freeze!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport