Re: misleading tachometer

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: misleading tachometer
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:53:16 +0100
There were three ways the electronic tach was connected over the years:

1.  A continuous white wire from ignition switch to coil wrapped around an
inductive pickup on the back of the tach.

2.  A white from the ignition switch going into the tach and another one
coming out going to the coil, both via connectors (the pickup is inside the
case).

3.  A single white black from coil to tach.

The 73 should have the latter of the three.

PaulH.