Re: It "B" too tight

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: It "B" too tight
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:25:15 -0700
PS.. If the valves were too tight and you did torque the head, make sure to
remove all of the push rods, and check them against a flat surface for any
signs of bending. Try rolling them on a pane of flat glass, which makes an
adequate surface plate, to check for flatness. You can usually see or feel
any bending in the middle. They should be nearly perfectly straight & true.
Also look at the heads, the socket where it mates to the ball on the rocker
arm for any signs of bending.

Michael Singleton

The crank could