Re: How's this for a timing method?

To: "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How's this for a timing method?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:41:05 -0700
I don't see why that wouldn't work, but it does seem a little more "rough
and ready" than strictly necessary. For example, if you precisely
controlled the fuel octane, rather than just working from this random mix
(of old fuel and "regular" grade), you might be able to acheive
repeatable results. But if you had to replace the distributor while on
the road, let's say, and didn't have timing equipment, it would do. But
it really isn't that different from filling up with premium to start
with, advancing until it pings, and then backing off a few degrees, at
least as far as I can see.

Charles Sorkin had this to say:

--

Max Heim