Re: Rain-x

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rain-x
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 23:45:21 -0700
My experience with it is great, especially in the TD with those terribly slow
wipers.

I believe the problem with some people not liking it is they haven't learned how
to look through windshield and focus the eyes at a distance thus ignoring
beads.  I have found that many people who drive alot in town never look far
enough down the road.  They're always looking for that ball or squirrel to run
out from behind a tree and focus too much on the road lines and objects up
close.  They watch the road itself and not for objects traversing the road. Thus
the beads of water on the windsreen are in focus and become objectionable.

Another factor is how close the windshield is to the eyes.  The closer it is the
more the beads will be out of focus if you watch the road and therefore will be
more easily ignored.

BTW, my first experience with this type of product was from the Air Force as it
was extensively used on aircraft windshields.  Some of them didn't have wipers
or it was a backup if the wipers didn't work correctly.

Blake