5,387,862

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 5,387,862
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:04:14 -0400
That is the total number of Mini's made.

An AP article appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer this AM (p.A25) titled
"British boomers get misty for the Mini, an auto icon. "
The number in my subject is the number of the last one after 41 years.

Maybe the most interesting point of the article is the photo of all these
men surrounding the last Mini with Lulu, still lovely after all these
years, sitting on the hood (I am in America).

The article does make mention of the new version from BMW next year, a
subject we already heard about on this list WEEKs ago.

I also just checked the Website of the the Philadelphia Inquirer to find
the URL. Couldn't find it. Maybe someone else could post it if found
elsewhere since it  is an AP article.

Morning all,

Bill
'76B