RE: MGB Tube Shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Tube Shocks
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:25:52 -0400
Well, I did not intend to start "one of those threads" but...

Yes, it is an issue of cost. I do not wish to close the door on putting
lever shocks on my B but have MANY other items to spend money on. I would
rather go inexpensive but safe on the rear shocks and spend money on
rebushing my carbs, new tires, or new carpet, maybe leather seat covers, big
list! If I go tube today I get a safe car for about half the cost and still
have my lever shocks to exchange down the road. I'd be happy to stay with
levers if I could do it for $50US, any offers ;^)But we'll see what
happens...

Thanks to all who have voiced their views.

Frank Phillips (The fool who started the shock debate again)
1968 MGB http://plaza.ufl.edu/fwp/mgb.htm