Re: Help

To: mg-tabc@egroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 16:46:55 -0400
I would like to say up front that this e-mail has a lot to do with
automobiles, but nothing to do with MGs. A friend is in a jam for some
advice, and I hope that one of you may be able to help.

        My friends's 1966 Corvette was in an accident. The frame was bent in the
left front quadrant. The frame waspushed down and in, resulting in a
crack. Although repaired by what was thought to be a reputable frame shop
in town, (Baltimore), the frame is not correct. It was pulled out
somewhat and welded, but remains 17 millimeters out of whack with the
rest of the frame. The car pulls to one side, obviously.....
Unfortunately, the shop will not stand behind it, the person owning the
car signed off with the insurance company and it has been about two
years.
        So.......
        What now? Can anyone recommend a frame shop that could handle this
repair?( It doesn't matter where the shop is.) Is it even repairable at
this point, or does the car need a new frame?

Thanks,

Randy Kegg