Re: 5 Main bearing "B" engine in MGA ?

To: MGALUVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: 5 Main bearing "B" engine in MGA ?
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 17:41:33 -0600
The answer is yes and no.  Depends on which 5 main engine you get.  All of them
will have the wrong pilot shaft bushing, but that is pretty easy to correct, as
the MGA has a smaller transmission input shaft.  The clutch disk will need to be
changed.  The later 5 main bearing MGB motor (1968 and on) can be adapted, but
has a different starter (and location) as well as a different back plate, and I
think a different flywheel (but don't trust me on the flywheel).