Re: Ignition warning light

Subject: Re: Ignition warning light
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:46:24 +0100
Sounds like one of the diodes in the alt has gone short, and it will be
draining the battery as well as affecting charge.  However it could just be
the brown/yellow as at the alt plug shorting to a brown.  Remove the plug
from the back of the alt and the light should go out (and stop the drain),
if it doesn't it is the wiring.  Plug it back in again, if it lights again
the problem is in the alt.  If it doesn't light again it could still be
shorted wiring in the plug or nearby but you have temporarily disturbed it.

PaulH.