Re: Formula One Grand Prix (NO SPOILER

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Formula One Grand Prix (NO SPOILER
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:40:56 +0930
> Hi all,
>    Did any of you watch the Japanese F1 Grand Prix?

Yes I did, and embarrassed my son when Schumy won. Wasn't Jean Todt
emotional. And did you see the faces of the Ferrari pit crew during those
last laps - you could have powered a small city on the tension in there. Has
anyone ever seen Schumacher (however you spell it) so emotional before? And
poor old Mika trying to be the good sport in the interviews, but fighting
the disappointment and overdoing it - but isn't he a great competitor.

But, the quote of day, when the dopey interviewer asked David Coultard what
his race was like and received: "It was pretty quiet actually." A comment
which killed the interview.

Great race. Won by driving skills, not in the pits - as soon as the track
got slick, Schumy pulled away from Mika. I think he was quicker on the damp
track by about a second a lap, if not more.

You might have guessed that I'm pretty pleased by the result.

And the best bit of the lot? This is one of the most closely guarded secrets
in F1 - the Ferrari uses an MGA twin cam motor disguised as a Ferrari V10.

While we're on the subject of motor sport: Kenny Roberts Jnr has taken the
World 500 GP championship with two rounds to go. Gary McCoy did the aussies
proud again (possible world champ or is he going to be another Randy
Mamola?). Valentino Rossi is really starting to show the potential hiding
behind that silly grin.

And with the Adelaide Classic just a few weeks away, motorsport life looks
pretty good in Adelaide at the moment, particularly when my B gets home
again (only days now) and I can go back to play racing.

Cheers
Richard
76 B
         Anne and Richard Spurling