Clutch Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Question
From: Don Markham <DMarkham@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 06:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I hope you can either confirm or diagnose my clutch problem. When I push the
clutch pedal down to shift, I only have to push the pedal about 2" in order
to totally disengage the clutch. I think the problem is more than likely a
worn disc or weak pressure plate but there could also be something binding
which is not allowing the pressure plate to fully release?? I don't think
the problem is hydraulic related but I have not worked with hyd. clutches
before so I'm not sure.
   Also, when I go to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate & throw out
bearing, what else should be replaced while I have it apart? I am thinking
possibly all of the pivot pins, input shaft bushing, possibly rear main
seal.

Thanks
Don Markham
72 MGB GT