Re: Hardtops/

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hardtops/
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:17:36 -0500
Just to add what Norm Sippel very articulately phrased....

$516 may not have been a bad price. I paid $600 for an OE hardtop for
my TR6. (yeah, yeah, I have an MG, too) The hardtop appeared to be in
like new condition (stored inside) all the hardware necessary for the
top was there, seals, glass, trim, etc all excellent. All I had to
purchase additionally was the stuff for the car side of the install. I
paid more $$$ to have the paint matched to the car, so it was  a major
project.

However, I made the decision when I bought the car, that instead of
buying and installing a new convertible top (existing one needed a
come-along to get it fastened down) I would put the money towards a
hardtop. I really like the way these cars look with hardtops and you
don't see many around.

As always, these purchases end up being personal decisions. What one
person would readily plunk down cold cash for, someone else is totally
horrified at the price. The way I look at it is since I do alot of the
work on these cars myself, when things like this come up, I realize
that if I want to play, I have to pay. At least there's something to
show for money spent as opposed to some other "hobbies".

Valerie STabenow, mga, tr4a, xk-e, tr6