Re: Adding over drive

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Adding over drive
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:15:19 -0400
Whenever this question is asked, and answered, everyone seems to always forget
one critical part that is NOT internal.  The rear extension on the standard
gearbox is replaced with an overdrive adapter that goes between the overdrive
unit and the main gearbox casing.  Now where are your going to find an
overdrive adapter unless you have an overdrive gearbox to start with?  (Not
even shown in a Moss catalog.)  I admit that I've not actually tried to find
this piece for sale, but I have a strong suspicion that it isn't available
standing alone.

Bill