Re: Temperature sensor attachment

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature sensor attachment
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:04:50 -0500
The day before yesterday I wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>    I have just received from Moss Motors the rubber
> gasket/grommet and the metal clip necessary to install
> the temperature sensor into the upper reservoir of the
> radiator of my '79 B.  The retaining clip was missing
> on my car so the sensor was being held in place mostly
> by faith -- until faith failed.
>    When I reinstall the sensor using the correct parts,
> should there be any sealant used or is the rubber-to-
> steel seal sufficient?  Thanks in advance for your good
> advice.

   Many offered good advice and I installed the sensor
without sealant.  All went perfectly.  The system, shoddy
as it appears, works perfectly.  Couldn't ask for more.
   My 14 y/o son and I took a couple of parade laps
around the block then decided to clean up the garage!
Our 21 year old once flooded under 12 feet of water,
project B is back on the road! YeeeeHaaaaa
  Now, the '70 B-GT needs the same treatment!

Rick