General tire question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: General tire question
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:17:19 -0600
I should really know this but I don't.  Most of our LBS's have an old
tire syntax without an aspect ratio listed.  I like to rallye, so I need
to keep my speedo accurate, but may want some wider tires on one of my
cars (but it's my porsche, not one of my MG's).  Right now my speedo
reads 0.83% off, and has 165R15 tires (stock size) but the car also
lists that 185R15's were optional.  Are the aspect ratio's different,
and does anyone know what they are for the old sizes??  I know how to
calculate overall diameters if I have the aspect ratio.

Thanks!
Phil Bates
52 fake MG-TD replicar
58 MGA