The Lucas Cup Is Back!!!!`

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Lucas Cup Is Back!!!!`
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:37:51 -0400
You read it right. The Lucas Cup, the coveted Rally trophy, in the on
going Tr vs MG rivalry in the Delaware Valley has returned.

Today marked the third year I have participated in the Annual Fall MG vs
Triumph Rallye. Not real sure how many years this rally has been going
on, but the last time the Philly MG Club won the trophy was that year,
Oct 19th, 1997. We met again in the spring and fall of '98, '99, and
2000.

Today was beautiful day for driving in E Bucks Co. PA. Mid 70's clear.
Absolutely Top Down weather. We started out at one minute intervals at
about 10 AM. I was in the Midget, taking the risk on the engine because I
had to help try to get the Cup. There were 2 Midgets, 6 B's and a T.
Against 22 Tr's of various flavors, including 3 with those goofy Surrey
Tops.

Well we (Theresa and I) were 20th off the line. After 1:48 min and 22
look for the ??? type questions were were at the finish line. We were
about 17th or so in. We stood around and sipped some home made beers
(Very Good!!) at the home of one of the Delaware Valley Triumph Club
Members homes, he makes the beer, waiting for the results. Now the fall
rally is sponsored by the Tr club, while the Spring rally is sponsored by
the MG club. So the Tr club was tallying the results. So we MG rallyists
were hanging around outside when the Tr group came out of the house. They
were looking a bit dejected. hehehehehe, The first question from one of
the Tr members was "Who won?". So instead of announcing the results from
3rd to 1st, like normal, they just named First. When they called out
Larry Maly I looked around in wonder. Then it was announced what car
number and it was us!!!! Theresa and I had won the rally!!!. There was a
tie for first, but the tie breaker was time, and we won by 5 minutes over
the 2nd place Tr driver.

Now remember I said there were 2 Midgets and a T?? Well the T came in
3rd. All those Tr's and B's were are outnumbered by and the Midget and
the T won and placed. hehehehehe

Now the Lucas Cup has returned to the MG Club and, right at this moment
and till the Spring Rally, is sitting in MY HOUSE!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!

3 years of trying and coming close, today, Victory is soooooo sweet.

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.