Midrange weirdness

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midrange weirdness
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:39:19 -0700
My MGB has been exhibiting a weird symptom.  Once she warms up, if I'm
driving at midrange RPM (3,000 - 4,000) at light to mid throttle it will
start sounding as if it's not quite firing right. The exhaust note sounds
"flat". It also seems as if it might be down a bit on power.  However if
I give it full throttle, it seems to come to life and after a moment will
sound and run just fine.

Replacing my cap, rotor and wires seemed to help a little.  I also noticed
that two of my intake valves were a little bit tight. I asked my local
parts pusher about the petronix and he says that they either work or they
don't.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

--
If you never make a mistake, you're doing something wrong.
lrc@red4est.com                                      www.red4est.com/lrc