Re: Painting Wire Wheels

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Painting Wire Wheels
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:05:39 -0400
    I have no experience with powder coating but understand it to be a very
durable coating. I myself spray a fresh coat of paint on the wheels every
year (four years). I use the Eastwood silver because;
1. I very much like the tone.
2. It is half the price of the Moss color.

I degrease the wheels very well. Then dry I lay three or four light coats
of the silver and then while still wet/tacky I lay down a similar amount
of  Krylon Crystal Clear Coat and that seems to make all the difference. It
only takes about half a day on a nice, dry, sunny day (High humidity will
affect the finish).
Just my experience, YMMV

Carl French
67B