MGs & TRs Vs the evil bulldozer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGs & TRs Vs the evil bulldozer
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:40:30 -0400
Well, at some time you have to let go. Erick, my mechanic needed to make
space at the house shop, something about the wife and the horses and all.
He has several dozen body clips stacked vertically in the back area. These
were rusted to the point where their usefulness was no more. He had a
friend sort through them to find a few to save and the rest were marked for
fill in the back forty. Today he had a friend with a bulldozer (albeit a
small one) come over and dig a large whole out back where we then rolled
the clips over and let the dozer run over them. Again and again I saw
Spitfire clips fold like paper cups under the bulk. but I have pictures of
the dozer sitting on the top of MGB clips, he had to hit them from
different directions before some of them gave up. I was amazed particularly
with the strength of the front clips, I assume the added strength of the
radio speaker supports did it. This was purely an anecdotal experience but
it was funny how often we would watch the dozer compete again and again
with the B clips. It was a little sad to destroy close to 30-40 cars but
they were too far gone to do anything else. It was however great to get the
car out in near 70 degree weather here on the Maine coast.

Carl French