Fwd: What makes an MGC?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: What makes an MGC?
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:44:29 EDT
--part1_a9.cb06663.2726518d_boundary

Greetings All!

I believe that the Heritage shells are supposed to be for the 68 to 74
models, with minor exceptions. The factory V8 models had changes to the
engine bay and these same changes are part of the Heritage shell. Hence it is
much easier to put a V8 into a RBB or a Heritage shell.

The MGC is more than a B with a 2912cc inline six. They developed the torsion
bar front suspension for the C. I would guess that a MGB or Heritage shell
aft of the firewall could be used. It may be difficult as the torsion bars
must attach to a structural member of the undercarriage that is not present
on the B.

Eric Markley
74 B

--part1_a9.cb06663.2726518d_boundary