RE: Rebuild engine?

To: "'Larry Macy'" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: RE: Rebuild engine?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:40:16 -0700
Larry:

        The 7.5:1 pistons were necessary when unleaded fuel first came out.
Only low octane fuel was available and car manufacturers built engines to
suit.  Now we have higher octane fuel available, and car manufacturers are
building higher compression engines with higher power to weight.  Since fuel
is now readily available, and most folks already run premium in their baby,
I suggest going with the High Comps.

        My experience with Bs is that I can run merrily on mid grade fuel
with high compression pistons.  It's all a question of getting timing and
fuel right.

Kelvin.