RE: I smell GAS!-Reply-venting tank

To: <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>, <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: I smell GAS!-Reply-venting tank
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:52:41 +0930

On Wednesday, October 25, Hans wrote

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snip<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The fuel filling cap on the original system is a non-vented type.
If plugging the vapor separator system etc., you have to replace the fuel
filling cap with a vented type, otherwise you'll end up with a vauum in the
fuel tank.

Hans,
     I used the original tank filler cap, vented it by drilling two holes,
one eighth inch, from the inside to the outside bit of the cap, close to the
rivet in the middle of the cap and through the two thicknesses of metal
there. [not through the outside shiny bit!] This works for me and the car is
happy also.
I thought it was a better way, and I got to save the money I would have
spent on buying a new cap. It must be the generations of thrifty Scotch
ancestors I have, 8^)

YMMV, Etc.

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.