Re: What the heck is 1967 spec?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: What the heck is 1967 spec?
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:13:32 -0600
I have a '67 - here is what is important.  Dual SU's  (I think the note below is
right - HS4's) and no emissions equip.  No gulp valve, no air pump, no power
anything, just a simple high compression engine with dual SU's, good timing and
a good cam (they do have a PCV, unlike the old MGA specs where that positive
crancase ventilation was just an inverted J shaped pipe) - I think oil coolers
were optional, but they are a definite benefit.  They are not stellar performers
by today's standards (when I had a honda, it could out perform the MG any day of
the week), but they are good and fun, simple, and fairly trouble free.  The peak
in horsepower was in '67, after that power levels only went down due to
emissions and misc other strangulations on the engine.