Mikuni Carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mikuni Carbs
From: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:53:10 -0500
Hello all. I've been a reader of the list for some time but this is my
first query. Last week I brought home a 72 MGB-GT to begin a father/son
restoration project with my 13 year old. The later 18v engine has been
fitted with a Mikuni carbuerator, recently rebuilt, according to the
seller. Does anyone know anything about these beasts? Tuning manual
availability? Parts availability? After driving well for the first few
days, it began running rough after a short jaunt last night. The first
plug was gas fouled, and continues to refoul as soon as a new plug is
installed. I could sure use some advice from the list's accumulated
treasure house of knowledge. Thanks in advance.
Bill Snyder
66 MGB
72 BGT