Transmission problem 77B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission problem 77B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 08:33:45 -0500
Hi folks,

      "While I have engine out...." sure heard that before.  Seriously, I have a
nuisance problem with the transmission (non-OD) that might be worth attacking
while the engine's out and the transmission's on the bench.  Occasionally, when
I downshift into third the transmission will slip back into neutral if I don't
push the shift lever fully against the stop.  As I said, it doesn't always
happen and I consider it to be more of a nuisance than a failure.

     However, it could just be the tip of an iceberg.  Anybody there have an
idea of what could likely be the cause?  What would be the solution?  TIA.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/