SU Fast idle and choke problem

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Fast idle and choke problem
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:59:08 -0500
List,

I'm still working on setting the choke. I followed the manual and set the
fast idle screws to provide 1000 RPM with the choke pulled to the point the
jet were about to move down, this was done with the engine at normal running
temp and the air flow was balanced. This morning I went to garage and
started the car and it was unable to hold an idle at full choke. The car ran
very rough and was at about 1200 RPM cold. Tonight I unscrewed the fast idle
screws and started the car, much better idle cold now at a higher RPM. I
balanced the air flow to provide an even idle and left it till morning. What
did I do wrong setting the fast idle? Did I set it with the choke at the
right point? Thanks for the help.

Frank Phillips
1968 MGB