Webber Carbs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Webber Carbs
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:26:17 -0500
Having a Webber downdraft installed on my 78 MGB.  Bought it used and
it looks to be in good shape, However, the guy putting it on seems to
think it may need some sort of plate where the accelerator pump would
hook up.  We As always, I am lost and more so with the carb.  I was
hoping for an easy switch and it may well be so, being made difficult
by my lack of understanding.
Also I have procured a used manifold and set of pipes  from an earlier
model, I assume that the same manifold gasket would fit, but do I need
to get the donut gasket as opposed to the flange that is on my 78.
Any advice on installation is greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
MIKE