HS4 overflow problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: HS4 overflow problems
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 06:17:37 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

Well...the 77 Midget has its new engine and it's running...sort of.
I have the 1500 Tr$*!h engine with the UK spec twin HS4 carbs. Here's the
issue:
The car starts great but after running for about a minute the float bowls
start overflowing and gas pours out the mouth of the carbs.(not a good thing
considering the cat. is just below the carbs.
Now...this is what I have done but the problem still exists.
I've replaced the float bowl lids, floats, needle, and seats. I've tried
turning the lids to a different position. The fuel pump is the standard
mechanical pump. I have not replaced this as of yet but I do have a new QH
mechanical pump that I may try.

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget