Re: OD speedometer

To: Mgbbob@aol.com
Subject: Re: OD speedometer
From: Phil <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:07:10 -0700
Forgot to comment on that.  The OD speedo is hard to come by in the US.  They
can
be had - mostly from MG breaker yards - and they can be rebuilt, but it will
take
quite a bit of tracking them down, and you want one from the right series of car
(i.e. an OD speedo off a 68 is not the same as an OD speedo off a 62-67).  Also,
you could have your std. speedo rebuilt to OD gearing - which is something like
10% different (if I remember correct 1166 rev/mile std, and 1040 rev/mile for
the
OD) - Nisonger in Marmarneck, NY (sp?) does a very nice job with this (the usual
disclaimers apply - I don't work for them, and I don't own stock, just had
positive experiences with them).  Then the only thing that would make it look
unoriginal would be the numbers on the face of the speedo - all the rest looks
identical.

Can you tell I did this exact conversion??

Phil Bates