Re: Speedo repair

To: Eugene Harrison <eugh@2xtreme.net>, MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo repair
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 21:30:30 -0700
You have a couple of options. You can get the angle drive fixed. I'm not
sure how difficult it is but Mo-Ma in Albuquerque still repairs them. They
quoted me $45 and they can be reached by email at Momanm@aol.com

The other option would be to not use the angle drive. Some people just get
the longer o/d speedometer cable and run it direct into the tranny without
the angle drive. Since I have an o/d, I already had the longer cable but
not the intended slack you get with the non-overdrive. I was still able to
do without the angle drive but my son wrecked the car after about 500 miles
on the angle drive removal. So I don't know whether such a bypass will lead
to more stress on the cable but it seemed to work fine during my short time
doing it that way.

David